Getting Started with NicoDerm CQ
Preparing to quit is important, take some time to do it right.
* Select the NicoDerm CQ that’s right for you. If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day: start with Step 1, 10 or less cigarettes per day: start with Step 2.
* Enroll in the Committed Quitters program to receive individualized support.
* Pick a quit date and mark your calendar.
* Apply one NicoDerm CQ patch on the morning of your quit date. Remove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds.
* At the same time everyday, remove the old patch and apply a new one, in a new location.
Read the back panel and User’s Guide for complete information.
Also included in this package: Committed Quitters Program enrollment form, user’s guide, and child resistant disposal tray. Audio CD is available upon request.
NicoDerm CQ is a small, nicotine-containing patch. When you put on a NicoDerm CQ patch, nicotine passes through the skin and into your body. NicoDerm CQ is very thin and uses special material to control how fast nicotine passes through the skin. Unlike the sudden jolts of nicotine delivered by cigarettes, the amount of nicotine you receive remains relatively smooth throughout the 24 or 16-hour period you wear the NicoDerm CQ patch. This helps to reduce cravings you may have for nicotine.